Subject: no route to host
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@wcnet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1999 21:53:05
I had a nice, working little LAN between my NetBSD box and my PowerMac.
The PowerMac had the internet connection (dial-up) and some third-party
software for IP forwarding.

This weekend I had to take the NetBSD machine down for some hardware
maintenance, and now that I've brought it back up I get the following in
the startup messages:

	writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
	add net default: gateway 192.168.0.1: Network is unreachable

Added info and guilty secret: not knowing any better, I had experimented
with routed and named previously, although they are now disabled.  Shortly
before the above messages are written, this appears:

	arp_rtrequest: bad gateway value
	rtinit: wrong ifa (0x6beb780) was (0x6be9800)

I can only surmise that named and/or routed have left behind some
souvenirs that are now gumming up the works.  Unfortunately I don't know
what to look for to get rid of these remnants.

Any information would surely be appreciated.

Thank you

Jeffrey Ohlmann