Subject: Re: System 7.5.5 & Mode32
To: Jason Powell <redbull@drunkenbastards.org>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1999 00:12:42
on 3/8/99 12:07 AM, Jason Powell was rumored to have said...

>Richard Massey wrote:
>
>> Aha......
>> The LCIII is 32bit clean so it wil boot fine into 32bit mode without mode32.
>> To use it will cause problems. Mode32 is for older non 32bit clean macs
>> (IIci and earlier).
>
>  Precisely the reason Mode32 isn't on my LCIII :)  I got the problem with
>the LCIII
>and the Ethernet sorted out, but my problem invloves Mode32-7.5, System
>7.5.5 and a
>Macintosh IIcx :)
>  Should I maybe try the 32-bit system enabler from Apple or is that bad
>karma?
>
>Jason

Jason,

I dunno about your IIcx, but for some dumb reason 7.5.3 on my Quadra and
NetBSD didn't get along, I downgraded to 7.1.1 and all has been well
since...just my $.02...guessI am too lazy to worry about that kinda
problem..I just wnat my un*x damnit <g>

Greg