Subject: Re: gnuplot 3.7?
To: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1999 23:13:17
On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Greg Evans wrote:
> on 3/6/99 10:16 PM, Dan McMahill was rumored to have said...
> >gnuplot is in the packages collection.
>
> It is? I will go searching for it via FTP however here is the info on the
> gnuplot web browsable packages page:
>
> <snip>

> This package requires the following package(s) to run: (none) .
>
>        (no precompiled binaries available)
>
> so going from this I went to
>
> ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.3/mac68k/graphics and
> ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.3/All
>
> no mention of gnuplot there...next try was:
>
> ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.2/mac68k/graphics/

not all of the packages in the collection have been built for 1.3.3 or
earlier.  In fact, I'm not sure what the procedure is for when those get
built.  But for you all this means is you have to build it your self, but
its easy with the packages collection.

Read http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html.
Especially, you will need to follow the directions in the
"Setting Up the NetBSD Packages Collection" section.

Everything you need to know is (hopefully) there.

-Dan