Subject: NetBSD on Virtual PC
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1999 23:38:44
Just a question, somewhere I was told it is possible to install Linux
on Virtual PC (or Softwindows) on a Mac. Now, has anyone here
experiences with NetBSD under the same conditions?

Practical background: I own a pretty nicely equipped Q 630 DOS
Compatible, which will be substituted soon as desktop machine, and I'm
reflecting whether or not it might be a better idea (than all that ide
related troubles) to install NetBSD to the DOS side (the card has a
486/66 DX upgradeable to Cyrix 586/100). May also be FreeBSD would be
nice (?).

Thanks in advance,

Ulrich