Subject: vi error?
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1999 23:45:55
OK, I am back up and running..sort of...

Following the directions for having seperate root and usr partitions, I
started up and ran 'fsck -f' and then 'mount -a' did tar --unlink -zxvpf
filename.tgz on all remaining files (which was everything except etc.tgz
and kern.tgz

Now, how do I get my usr partition to automatically mount?  right now,
even after I mount it manually with 'mount /dev/sd0g /usr' I can't use
vi, i get an error 'ex/vi: Error: unknown: No such file or direcotry' if
I try from the prompt 'vi' or 'vi /etc/rc.conf' or even '/usr/bin/vi', if
I 'cd /usr/bin' and then do an 'ls' vi is definitely there, permissions
on it show as '-r-xr-xr-x 3 bin bin 253952 Dec 14 vi'

Lost as usual ;)

Greg