Subject: SONIC errors
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mat=EDas?= Giovannini <matias@k-bell.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1999 21:57:29
Hello, people

I'm new to NetBSD-Mac68k. I've installed NetBSD 1.3.3 on a Quadra 800
that was lying around collecting dust, with fairly good success. It is
now running named, and undergoing tests to determine its reliability as
our departmental nameserver.

However, every twelve to twenty hours, the Sonic driver dies with the error:

	sn0: receive buffer area exhausted

and I'm almost convinced it has something to do with the unreachability
of a forwarding nameserver I'm pointing to. Does anybody have any ideas?
I'd really love it to be my nameserver, but if it needs as little as a
restart a day, it is of no use to me.

I've installed the standard NetBSD 1.3.3 release of 19981217 (kernel
named "(GENERIC) #0 12/17/98". Actually, the date is spelled out in
full, but YKWIM). I've tried a couple of -current kernels, but they
won't boot on the Q800 (bug report forthcoming).

Thank you all in advance, best regards
Matías Giovannini.