Subject: Re: appletack and ethernet
To: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1999 09:36:06
At 2:28 AM -0600 3/1/99, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
>On 22:49 Uhr +0200 18.02.1999, Eric Damien Berna wrote:
>
>> You could run a software bridge on the SE/30 under Mac OS
>
>Eric,
>
>sorry I only read now your msg: Do you know by chance, what software
>bridge I could use - and where to get it? LocalTalk bridge (or
>something like that)?

When I wrote that, I was thinking of the Apple's LocalTalk Bridge.  I used
an earlier program that had the same function, the Apple Internet Router
software.  I used it at work when I was upgrading the network from
LocalTalk to EtherTalk many years ago.  It became defunct since it didn't
work with Open Transport, and Apple dropped support for the older
networking.  We still run it on a Mac IIfx for support of some old but
still kicking laser printers.  The other, newer product from Apple, the
LocalTalk Bridge, was an expanded version of the free LaserWriter Bridge.
I just checked the Apple Web site and I found that it seems to be defunct
also.  Maybe you can find a copy of one of these products somebody is
willing to part with.

Sorry, but I don't know of any other LocalTalk to EtherTalk bridges.  Can
anybody else help?

Eric Damien Berna
Thiel Design
Phone: 414.271.0775