Subject: Re: Cable modem woes...FIXED!...on to ipnat....
To: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Greg Eavns <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1999 10:00:10
on 3/1/99 9:28 AM, Dan McMahill was rumored to have said...

>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Greg Eavns wrote:

<snip>

>> Now, on to ipnat...Looking at the docs it shows that I will need 2
>> ethernet cards..
>I think there was some talk about this recently on one of the mail lists.
>Don't recall which one, maybe current-users or netbsd-users?

Unfortunately the search seems to be broken. Clicking search after
entering my search terms returns 'Not Found The requested URL
/htdig/htsearch.cgi was not found on this server.' that should definitely
be of interest to somebody, unless Netscape on my machine is just whacked.

A quick browse of current-users and netbsd-users (januar and february for
both) turned up nothing that _I_ saw as useful, but then again, maybe I
don't know exactly what I should be looking for.

>I didn't read those.  You could check the archives on www.netbsd.org.  If it
is
>possible with just 1 card, I have no idea how.

Bummer for me <g> I am confident that it is possible as when I was
testing out linux-m68k on this same machine, I was told that the only
caveat of doing it was that my provider would be able to see all my
network traffic which was undesireable...will go check with them and see
what they do :)  Hopefully I can finda  solution.

Thanks again,

Greg