Subject: Re: Cable Modem woes ;)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Greg Eavns <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1999 22:39:56
on 2/28/99 10:22 PM, Ken Nakata was rumored to have said...

>Actually, I can't tell what your problem is, from what you described
>in the previous message you posted to port-mac68k.  I can't from this,
>either.  One problem is you didn't tell us how you've set up your
>network interface.  What are the relevant lines in your /etc/rc.conf,
>/etc/ifconfig.*, etc.?

Ken,

Heh, not really sure what the relevent lines are, but  Iwil give it a
shot if it might help fix the problem :)

===from rc.conf====
hostname="krakatau"
domainname=""
defaultroute="216.132.32.40"

#Networking Startup
ipmon=NO
auto_ifconfig=YES
net_interfaces=""
flushroutes=YES
ntpdate=NO
ppp_peers=""

#Daemons required by other daemons
inetd=YES  inetd_flags="-l"
portmap=YES

#Routing Daemons
routed=NO
gated=NO
mrouted=NO
===

===from ifconfig.sn0===
inet krakatau netmask 255.255.255.0
===

Remember that I am new at this, not really sure what other files might be
relevant...

does this help any?

Regards,

Greg