Subject: Re: ROM Maps
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1999 16:54:49
At 3:56 PM -0500 2/28/99, Paul Goyette wrote:
>The moral here is clear:  Please DO NOT hard code any addresses pointing
>into the Mac's ROM!  If you must find a routine, find the A-trap
>dispatch code, find it's transfer vector table, and do the indirect
>jump.

I would like to second this motion. You should just be able to call the
corresponding A-Traps without having to call directly into the ROM. The reason
I said "Look at the ROM table" was not to give you the idea that you need
to call the routines directly out of the ROM, but simply to verify if
an A-Trap is provided by the ROM.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill