Subject: Re: ROM Maps
To: Mike Frager <fragermk@drthunder.ml.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1999 06:30:39
The easiest way to find it would be to boot up MacOS with MacsBug, and
then drop into MacsBug and use the command ``ip _SCSIDispatch'' which
will start disassebling the code at that address.

Of course, you gotta remember that the trap routines will move around
between different Mac models, so it will most likely not be at the same
address in other Macs.

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Mike Frager wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I've been looking around Apple's FTP dir and I haven't been able to find
> those ROM maps. Unfortunately, dev.info.apple.com is not a running a FTP
> server any more. If someone could email the SE/30 ROM map to me in would
> be help me get started with the standalone booter.
>
> I'm not sure of the license that those maps have but if you can't legally
> just send them too me I just need to know if and where the trap
> _SCSIDispatch is. If it is there then this booter will be fairly straight
> forward.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Frager
> mike@frager.org

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |