Subject: Re: Problems...
To: Jason Powell <redbull@drunkenbastards.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1999 19:47:55
Jason Powell wrote:

> Colin Wood wrote:
> > ah.  that might indeed be the problem.  my guess would be that you need to
> > reformat in mkfs and reinstall....although i'm kinda surprised that mkfs
> > formatted a non-unix partition...
>
>   Problem.  I did that and it still comes up with the same error:
> root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
> sd1: no disk label--NetBSD or Macintosh
> no file system for sd1 (dev 0x408)
> cannot mount root, error = 79
>
> Should I be using the SBC kernel?

depends, what kind of mac is this again?  if it's not an '030, it doesn't
matter.

anyway, are you sure that you actually have at least 2 scsi disks on this
system?  did you install netbsd on something other than the drive at id 0?
if it's using sd1 as the root device, this means that it should be some
scsi id > 0....

later.

colin