Subject: Device not found
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Three Mile Island <aph@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1999 18:35:21
I am installing Net-BSD mac68k distribution 1.3.3 on my LC II (no FPU, 8MB
RAM, 85 MB hard disk, 12 inch monitoy).  I am having two problems and being a
unix novice was wondering if you could address.

1) there is no display output after the booter is finished loading.  like i
mentioned above, i have a teensy 12" monitor (512x384 resolution).  i am
guessing the system just won't work with this rather nonstandard screen size,
but is there a patch or a way around it?  any plans?

2) i DID get it to work pretty well with my serial port.  it booted up to
single user mode the first time and i edited the rc.conf.  multiuser boot
seemed to be going fine until it got to

starting local daemons:
Thu Feb 25 15:22:02 PST 1999 init: kernal security level changed from 0 to 1
Thu Feb 25 15:22:06 PST 1999 getty[187]:  /dev/ttye0: Device not configured

I looked in /dev in single user mode and it was there.  I also ran the build
devices option again, but the multiuser boot ALWAYS hangs on this line.  What
have I done wrong here?

Thanks a bunch...

tmi