Subject: Re: Problems...
To: Jason Powell <redbull@drunkenbastards.org>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1999 11:45:25
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Jason Powell wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I'm having problems with NetBSD-1.3.3 on my IIcx.  I mkfs'd the hard
> drive, installed the packages and everything seems to be cool.
>
> First, while the kernel boots, I see the following message:
> ae0: Length does not match next packet pointer
> ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 cur 1b next 00 stop 40
> ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280
>
> The card's a MacCon II.

As Colin mentioned this is probably due to having Appletalk or TCP/IP on
during boot. If these messages ONLY happen during boot, don't worry about
it. A packet was coming in when teh boot process started, and the ethernet
card got stoped before it was fully received. Thus the in-memory info is
toasted. But any packets received after this point should be fine.

If the messages happen AFTER booting, that's a problem.

Take care,

Bill