Subject: Ethernet Cards...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <bob@kunk.jriver.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1999 14:25:26
Hi All,

I've got a Performa 575 w/ a couple of 1 gig scsi drives and 36 megs ram.
I've installed both netbsd-current and maclinux debain 2.0.36 and am
comparing them, etc. I am having 2 problems in netbsd.

1) It appears from reading the online ethernet support page that the comslot
   focus etherlan II is supported (SMC91C92) it says current underneath
   kernel and doesn't mention the 575 as a non-working MAC. The thing is
   however, the boot kernel message is "unsupported focus hardware".
   In attempting to compile my own kernel, I haven't found a reference to it.
   What's up with this?

2) X. Video is built in. It works in 2 color mode. It doesn't work in any
   other mode regardless of any combinations of X servers, LKM, and pre-boot
   selections. I'm confused by the seemingly conflicting info regarding
   whether or not onboard video will do colors in X. Suggestions?

Bob
--
Robert E. Brose II       N0QBJ  { Packet: N0QBJ@N0TL.#STP.MN.USA.NOAM }
WWW:                     http://www.jriver.com/~bob/