Subject: Re: Colud Color-X run on Quadra 700 with on board video?
To: None <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1999 00:59:16
Ken Nakata wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:31:59 -1600, chen@ibm60.phy.ncku.edu.tw wrote:
> >
> >   I want to try Color-X on my Quadra 700, and is it possible?
> > How can I do?
>
> Dunno.  Why not just try?  It can't damage your hardware or software.
>
> Good luck,

actually, unless you have a "supported" nubus card in it, you can't.  the
Q700 for one reason or another doesn't support 16-bit color, only 8-bit or
24-bit is handled by the onboard video.  this means that ken's osfa
xserver won't handle it right now (since his server doesn't to the best of
my knowledge support 24-bit color, only 8 and 16-bit color).  speaking of
which...any progress on 24-bit color, ken?  ;-)

later.

colin