Subject: Re: df doesn't agree with me...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Brown <chrsbrwn@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1999 08:48:56
On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 09:18:27PM -0800, Colin Wood wrote:
> it's a known problem in 1.3.x (and earlier, i think).  whenever you have
> multiple partitions, it appears to accumulate the diskusage, so that the
> partitions towards the end of the disk appear huge (and full).  i'm pretty
> sure this is fixed in -current.  however, i don't know if the changes to
> the kernel disklabel routines fixed it, or if it happened to be changes to
> disklabel.
>
> i hope this helps explain things a bit.

Yes, thank you.

Would upgrading to -current fix this? Is it worth doing? I am assuming that I would
have to do a complete install and not just the kernel. I am also assuming that it
would probably be best to boot in single user. I would do this, if I needed to,
but would probably have to wait till the weekend so I can hook up a monitor
(I am running it headless at the moment).