Subject: Re: df doesn't agree with me...
To: Chris Brown <chrsbrwn@mindspring.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1999 21:18:27
Chris Brown wrote:
> First, the good news...
> I have, over the last couple of weeks, successfully installed NetBSD-Mac68k
> on a leftover IIci my job gave me, got it talking to my cable modem,
> got it doing IPNAT through a second ethernet card and a hub to my PowerMac,
> and I am  getting lovely transfer rates with very little cpu/memory utilization.
>
> I also really like being able to telnet to my machine from wherever I am and
> read my email (the cable modem is always up).
>
> The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is why df is lying to me.

it's a known problem in 1.3.x (and earlier, i think).  whenever you have
multiple partitions, it appears to accumulate the diskusage, so that the
partitions towards the end of the disk appear huge (and full).  i'm pretty
sure this is fixed in -current.  however, i don't know if the changes to
the kernel disklabel routines fixed it, or if it happened to be changes to
disklabel.

i hope this helps explain things a bit.

later.

colin