Subject: Mac68k installation
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Waugh <greg@pol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1999 16:14:00
Dear NetBSD team,

I've been trying to install NetBSD 1.3.3 on a Quadra 700.  Standard Apple
machine using the standard Apple/Quantum 540MB internal SCSI ID 0 drive as
the root.  I booted the machine from an external drive (ID4) and performed
the installation on the internal drive.  The internal drive is partitioned
with a 48MB root (sd0a), a 477M usr (sd0g) and a 48MB swap.  I can go into
Minishell in the installer and everything is there and mounted.  But when
I go to the booter, and say Boot Now I get:

Booting...File "netbsd" not found.
Could not open kernel "(0,?)netbsd".

The SCSI ID is set to 0, and I've tried putting everything I can think of
into the Paritition field ('/', 'A', 'a', 'blank'...).  Always the same
error.

Please let me know what I need to do to complete this installation.

Thanks!

Greg Waugh (greg@pol.com)
Manager of Systems Operations
Productivity OnLine