Subject: RasterOps 24XLTV interferes sn0 on Q800
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1999 20:05:34
Hi,

  I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.3.3 onto Q800. Everything including B/W X w
orked fine except for the ethernet when I use RasterOps 24XLTV nubus video b
oard. In the booting messages sn0 was correctly recognized. When I use the n
etwork commands, i.e. telnet, ftp and ping, an error message came out.

The message was as follows;
sn0 : Tx lost interrupts

Then I tried newer kernels such as GENERIC-99 and so on, but the results wer
e the same. In this circumstances, Netscape and telnet were available on the
MacOS side.

Then I tried nubus ethernet card ASANTE MacCon MCIIET. The card were also av
ailable on the MacOS side but still unavailable on the NetBSD side because o
f "corrupt memory on the NIC card".

Next I took off the 24XLTV card from Q800, then everything worked fine. Netw
ork services became available.

I guess some interrupts are competing between sn0 and 24XLTV.
Since I use 20" Monitor, 24XLTV is necessary on MacOS side.
Is there any resolution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

--
Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Medical Information Center / First Deaprtment of Medicine