Subject: Re: installation problem
To: None <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: KITAMURA Yasuichi <kita@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1999 14:47:18
armenb> drwxr-xr-x     0/0             0 Mon Dec 14 10:39 1998
armenb> ./var/spool/mqueue
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
armenb>
armenb> pos = 0, i = 11, fs = /
armenb>
armenb> alloccgblk: can't find blk in cyl

I met with the same trouble as your friend's. I tried to clean-install
1.3.3:-). My solution was to use the mini-shell to type down for un-gziping,
and tar-extracting. That's the old way of installing. If your friend can get
anothe NetBSD box, he can do the another way. That is to mount the hd of
quadra by scsi cable on that NetBSD and install every staff of 1.3.3.

BTW, I met with another trouble on installing. In case the network is inactive,
NetBSD did not start correctly.

Good luck.

--KITAMURA