Subject: Re: color status
To: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/1999 20:20:12
At 7:59 PM -0500 2/6/99, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>	Any word on the status of full color support?

Still working on it. Check out my web page for status updates.

> I don't run X often,
>and I'm using a Q630 with internal video,

I'm hoping to have very good support for the Q630. The 630's Valkyrie
controller is revealed in the linux-ppc sources and I have permission to
refer to the code for my work.

There are still a few sticking points that I'm working out.

As far as wscons, there's plenty of work to do. I think wscons wants an fb
style frame buffer instead of the grf style frame buffer we have now.
I had considered porting the graphics architecture to fb but when I
researched the other fb's they all seem to have a different idea about
how things should work. Basically, I need to talk to the tech-kern guys
about what our graphics architecture should look like.

Keep hangin' in there.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill