Subject: Re: color status
To: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/1999 08:28:12
On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Ryan Ordway wrote:

> 	Any word on the status of full color support? I don't run X often,
> and I'm using a Q630 with internal video, so right now I'm using dt
> mainly. It would be nice to be able to get color in my console, and to be
> able to customize the text/screen color from black on white and white on
> black to something more pleasing to the eye.

It is expected that wscons will make dt obsolete, so it's not likely
that dt will ever support color. On my Q630, I'm using the stock B&W
Xserver, which I still prefer to dt! Michael Zucca's VIDTEST project
look's most promising--he posts frequent updates to his web page at
<http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/vidtest.html>.