Subject: Re: PB160
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Dan Shoop <shoop@digex.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1999 13:45:09
At 4:38 AM -0500 2/6/99, ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:
>Hi.
>
>You need a special kernel created by Takashi Hamada.  I don't
>remember the web address.  Post to the list and someone
>will respond.

My first problem was that I had downloaded the latest OpenBSD which is 2.4
from the OpenBSD site for the mac68K. I have no idea what's up with this
version, but I then stumbled on NetBSD 1.3.3 as the latest version of
NetBSD, which I understand is the version I should be running and the one
for which these kernels are written.

With the kernel's on Hamada's web page I was able to get the various
kernels to load, but can't get init to start rc. It complains it can't find
/bin/sh (even though it's there) and asks for the shell to load. This
happens no matter which kernel or version of the base I have installed.

Any ideas?

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                       127 East Prospect Street
Internet Architect                              Waldwick, NJ 07463

shoop@digex.net                                 (201) 679-7329

finger shoop@access.digex.net for pgp key

pgp key fingerprints:
       A90D E410 88CF 22F5 BD8F  5B1D 3693 5F52 8D00 501A
       2B65 A66B 5E66 5B7C  F86F 49C5 E1E9 1BCA
       65A7 15E0 7DFE B87F  2CC6 8402 7327 5DBF