Subject: Install problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Dockery <danarchy@endeneu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1999 09:26:01
Does version 1.3.3 have any problems with hard disks greater than a
certain size?  I'm currently trying to install 1.3.3 on a Mac IIsi with a
2 gig. IBM hard drive (I used Silverlining to do the initial format and
checked the disk with it as well - no problems were found).  Mkfs
converted my partitions just fine to UFS, but when I ran the install
program, it comes up with a couple of read error #5's near the end and
gives up the ghost.

Any ideas?

-Dan

"Come give anyone of us, for instance, a little more independence, untie our hands, widen the spheres of our activity, relax the controls and we -- yes, I assure you -- we would immediately beg to be under control again."
  -Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground"