Subject: custom kernel userland problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sean-Paul Rees <sean@flame.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1999 16:59:04
Hi:
	I have 1.3I installed on my little LC3, and I decided to compile a
custom kernel, since it would be cooler. Well, after I rebooted with it,
it looked identical to the GENERIC kernel, cept it said KRISTY instead of
GENERIC in the respective places and the root@kristy:/usr/src/sys... etc.
	Everything started up ok, then I started noticing stuff was wrong.
telnetd broke, and lots of other stuff broke. A problem with libutil, and
that it couldn't find version 4.4. I didn't do anything with libutil, and
now I am at a loss.

	The kernel compile took 6 hours, on my slow LC3 with 12mb of RAM.
Besides all of that, one minor question: is it the cpu that is causing
outbound pings through ae0 to be up in the 18-20ms range, whereas on all
the other machines and even to the NetBSD/mac68k machine, it is only
0.1-0.3ms?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Sean