Subject: Re: current stability (was Re: Mounting MSDOS Zip Drives)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1999 13:15:15
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Ken Nakata wrote:

> Hmm, maybe it's about time I updated my Q840AV's system from 1.3F to
> 1.3I?  My custom kernel has my own patch to handle MBR disklabels but
> it's not been updated since last June or July.
>
> Are we still having the multiple disk problem?  Is there any other
> outstanding issue?

Yes. I'm running a custom kernel built this month, on my Q630,
userland from the Jan 9 snapshot. I'm building the world now, ever
hopeful that the problem will just go away. I just got a Q840AV, to
compare and contrast, but I don't have NetBSD on it yet.

Evidently, I got confused looking at the two versions of disksubr.c in
the tree. We _don't_ look for i386 disklabels. Too bad.

Some of my custom kernels hang at the adb probe. See pr-6839.