Subject: can't fsck new partition
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1999 22:38:04
I added part of internal drive to my netBSD system.
That's it, the /var file system.  Since I put that in there
I can't boot multi-user; I have to go through single user mode
and then exit into multi user.  After that I don't have any problems.

I tried to fsck -f /var, while in single user, and the machine hangs.
Not a sound from the disk drive.  Total silence. :-(

Here is our partition arrangment.

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd1a      991501   589567   302783    66%    /
/dev/sd0g      124542      475   117839     0%    /var
kernfs              1        1        0   100%    /kern
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

Here is the /etc/fstab file.  I'm not sure if that could have anything
to do with it.

/dev/sd1a       /       ffs     rw 1 1
/dev/sd1b       none    swap    sw 0 0
/dev/sd0g       /var    ffs     rw 1 2
kern            /kern   kernfs  rw 0 0
proc            /proc   procfs  rw 0 0

Does any one have any ideas as to where the problem might be?
Or maybe where I went wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions.

   Guy
Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.2