Subject: Re: Sorry, a few basic networking questions
To: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1999 06:15:39
Hi,

I see a couple of problems. First, you cannot use the x.x.x.0 IP address
as this represents the whole network. Also, you hould use one of the IP
blocks specifically set aside for non-Internet networks. Finally, you
should set the subnet mask in OT to be the same as what you set it on your
NetBSD computer.  I have a simple HOW-TO for doing what you are trying to
do, so you might want to check it out at:

  http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/howtos/net-howto.html

Mark

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!