Subject: Re: Sorry, a few basic networking questions
To: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1999 13:34:21
> 2. Even in root, when I cd to the games folder (/usr/games I think) it
> won't let me open any of them? Do I have to move them to /usr/bin? Or do
> I need to give myself access to them?

This is probably just because you don't have the current directory or
/usr/games in your path.  Can you run them with the full path (for example,
/usr/games/tetris)?  If so, this is your problem.  Add /usr/games to
your path.  You can specify things in the current directory with ./, so
you could say
	# cd /usr/games
	# ./tetris
or
	# /usr/games/tetris
to get basically the same effect.

It's usually best to not run everything (incl. games) as root, though...

I think your other questions have been answered.

Good luck!

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com