Subject: Re: Sorry, a few basic networking questions
To: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
From: alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1999 11:39:11
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, ayeats wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a few basic networking questions.
>
> Sorry, I looked on the net and there are plenty of unix tutorials but
> they all seem to not quite work with my version of netBSD. (Commands they
> say to do don't exist on my machine, etc.) So I decided to post to the
> group. Thanks!

This link, http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/comfaqs/lan-faq-list.html, is a
list of lan faqs and seems like a good starting point.

Also you might want to check out the Pendantic PPP Primer, over at
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html.  It walks you step-by-step
on how to build a networked LAN.  Yes, it's designed for FreeBSD, but it
seems compherensive enough that you might get a lot of the basic concepts
down.

good luck!

-Alissa