Subject: Help please
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1999 23:53:53
I seem to have lost all the files in the /var directory.
Last week I tried to put the /var
on a seperate disk.  I have all other file systems on an
exteral disk, scsi.
After adding the other disk I couldn't boot in multi user
mode.  I would first boot single
user and then exit from there.  So today I tried to fix that
problem and found that contents of /var
had disappeared.

Now the system is really hosed.  I get file system not clean
messages for the one root and user file system.
sd1a.  And when I run fsck and reboot the same "not clean"
message is there again.

I can exit into multi user mode, but I get a lot of error
messages for files not found, of course from that
/var directory.  Also things are not working so well now: no
X and no ppp.  What should I do in this situation?  I
realize I'll have to reinstall some of the system.  Which
sets do I have to install?  Or in other words, which sets
will put the files back into the /var directory?

Also is there a way  install  the needed sets on the
internal disk away from the bsd root/usr partion on the
other disk using the installer program?
thanks in advance,

                Guy