Subject: Re: Netatalk
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael bartosh <bartosh@tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1999 00:14:46
--============_-1294877606==_ma============

Figured out my problem.

in /DISTDIR/etc/rc.atalk the following calls the hostname comand:

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed
's/\..*$//'`:Workstatio
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed 's/\..*$//'`:netatalk
                                        echo -n ' nbprgstr'
fi

Hostname of course looks at /etc/rc.conf which is neither looked at
or configured generally under DHCP (according to the DCP HOWTO). So
the script was returning a null value and npbrgstr was failing.

Changing rc.conf doesn't hurt anyhting w/ DHCP since as far as I can tell the
dhclient sn0

line in /etc/netstart has the machine ignore that part of rc.conf and
go straight to dhclient.conf.

Anyway it works again and I'm happy.

-mab

*******
[...]

<excerpt>I just installed Netatalk dist.

*******

Michael Bartosh

bartosh@tamu.edu

cell: 409/537.2129

Student Rep

Apple Computer, Inc.

Texas A&M University

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in
higher

regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.

			    Apple.

</excerpt>