Subject: Re: tried to move /usr
To: Michael bartosh <bartosh@tamu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1999 10:53:51
> I dug up an old 1 gig drive yesterday thinking I'd put in a new
> distribution and use the larger drive for /usr and my eventual
> netatalk volume, since I'd just gotten netatalk running and had
> pretty much made a mess of this distribution after about a week of
> stumbling around
>
> However, I must've done something wrong, because now when I try to
> edit /rc.conf I get the error
>
> ex/vi: Error: unknown: No such file or directory
>
> Any way I can fix this?

'unknown' is the terminal type that you get if one hasn't been
explicitly set.

If you're using the csh, 'setenv TERM vt220'
If you're using the sh, 'TERM=vt220 export TERM'

You will need /usr/share to be accessible when you try to run 'vi'.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,