Subject: Re: Networking dying
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Joyce <robjoyce@princeton.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1999 13:04:53
I had a similar problem with 1.3 (and still have, to a lesser extent, with
1.3.2) when on a heavily-loaded ethernet.  The network would fail after a
log message such as "sn0: Receive descriptors exhausted."  I found that
running tcpdump for a few seconds temporarily fixes the problem.  Last I
heard, the ethernet trouble was due to an interrupt problem on Quadras;
maybe tcpdump's switching the interface to promiscuous mode and back
somehow clears the interrupts?

Have interrupt changes in -current fixed this problem?

Rob