Subject: Re: X CONSOLE configuration
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD <netbsd@bvjtoday.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1999 02:05:05

>I used the info from the faq and changed one line in /etc/syslog.conf

>to look like this:

>*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv.none;mail.crit        /root/syslog

>This seemed to help on my system.  I really don't know much about
this,

>but that's what I did.

_____________________ reply seperator ____________________________

Thanks. I tried this but it don't have any good effect on my machine.

I want to see the system messages in the xconsole, just not in the
xterm windows.

After changing the syslog.conf and restarting xsm, there was no change
whatsoever. So I figured, maybe if i restart....BIG mistake =P

I ended up going thru a panic/crash recovery series.

Things are back the way they were before the experiment now.

So, any more suggestions anyone? Maybe David? ;-)

NRT

NetBSD@bvjtoday.co.jp

</fontfamily>