Subject: Re: snapshot & perl5
To: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.or.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1999 19:49:53
Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.or.jp> wrote:

>NetBSD-1.3.3 & generic kernel for 1.3.2 (It can't be helped because
>of some reasons) works fine on LC520 now.

I'm having the same problem on ny LC550. 1.3.2 runs fine, nothing past
that does.

>Does every macbsd users can ppp connect to your ISP and work fine ?
>As for me, I can't ppp connect to ISP on 1.3.3 generic kernel & 1.3I generic
>kernel. As soon as I connect to ISP, it is killed. Why ?
>
>Back to 1.3.2, I can ppp connect ISP and works fine.

Same problem here too.  I submitted a PR on it, but I suspect it's a
long-standing bug in the mac68k port that has never been found.  It may
be related to the various problems people have reported with video,
sound, disklabels, etc.  For the first time last nite I crashed my 1.3.2
system playing with disklabels.

Sorry I don't have any solutions, but at least you're not alone in facing
these problems.

-bob