Subject: Re: More (Yet again) IIci Troubles
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1999 00:27:16
excelent. I'll quit the mini shell,
start the install process,
go to sleep.

Wake up at approximately 3:00 pm tomorrow.

Wait a few mor hours for the installation to finish :)

and type:

> fstab force

Or do I need to mount the root partition first. Or is it already mounted?

Good night... 12:26... Way past my bedtime...

Ah, so happy I have tomorrow-err the rest of today off.

THANKS!

-Andrew

>On Jan 18, 12:14am, ayeats wrote:
>>1. Since it already mounted the root partition when I launched the
>>program I don't now have to mount it and do a
>>
>>> fstab force
>
>You will probably have to make the /etc directory before this will work.
>Usually that is done after the installs, so the directory structure is
>in place.
>
>>2. I don't have to touch the swap
>
>Correct.
>
>>3. That now that I have mounted and "fstab force"'ed  the usr partition,
>>I can QUIT the mini shell and go on to install all the sets?
>
>Yup.  Though, as noted above, it's marginally easier to do the fstab
>after the installs are done.
>
>~Steve
>
>--

Freedom Is Slavery   -   War Is Peace   -   Ignorance Is Strength
         -1984, George Orwell
--

Go to http://www.acalltoaction.org
and sign the petition to end this crazyness in the congress!

If it does not work ther (it may not be up yet)

go to:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ayeats/acta/