Subject: mac IIci (again!) serious (possibly fatal) problems :(
To: Net BSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1999 00:28:41
hello all,

On my mac IIci which I have been talking about,and was soon to be a
netBSD box
I tried to do some upgrading. I
stuck in a  new (old, but newer than the one in there) hard drive,
upgraded the ram and put in a nubus card
(ethernet) I closed the thing up and turned it on.

Bing-

Ba-Boo-Ba-Ba-Bing

The monitor is slightly darker than the standard grey and it sits there.

I believe that these are the dreaded chimes of doom, are they not?

But then I remember that the ram I put in is many different types of simms
so I take all of them out except for 4 2mb simms, I also take out the
nuBus card, and check the connection to the harddrive. I start it up and
it goes

Bing-

and then the monitor comes on and displays that dismal looking grey again.
It sounds like the drive is working and it sounds like it is starting up
normally,
but from the monitor's prespective... Nothing...

So I fiddle witht the brightness, contrast, and turn every knob i can find
on the darn monitor to no avail.

Now I start getting angry with my troubleshooting and decide to post to
the group.

NOTE: The machine has not yet gotten netBSD installed. (Although that is
the plan)

Please help me.

-Andrew

P.s If this is the wrong type of message to post to this mailing list
please tell me
and I will find somewhere else to post my not-directly-relating-to-netBSD
questions.

--
---
----

Andrew Yeats

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.

Freedom Is Slavery   -   War Is Peace   -   Ignorance Is Strength
         -1984, George Orwell
--

Go to http://www.acalltoaction.org
and sign the petition to end this crazyness in the congress!

If it does not work ther (it may not be up yet)

go to:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ayeats/acta/