Subject: kernel won't compile
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1999 13:03:22
I'm finally trying to build a custom kernel.  I went through the
procedure on NetBSD documentaion site.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html

I followed the steps with no problems up to the part
where I type "make" to compile the kernel.

After quite a while, I got this message on the screen:

../../../../arch/mac68k/macrom.c:In funtion `mrg_fixupROMBase';
                       /macrom.c1212: warning: pointer of type -
			`void*' used in arithmetec.

There were also similar messages with the only differnce being
the macrom number.  ie  macrom:1224
			macrom:1263

And the final message was:

**** Error Code 1
stop

# " date" fredfl2 mail .local: localhost: No such file or dir.

The messages were all displayed twice too.

Does any one have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Also, I'm running 1.3.2, can I use the latest released kernel
source or should I take it from a 1.3.2 directory?

Thanks for your help.

Guy

Guy Santiglia
South Korea