Subject: Re: More Ici, How big partitions and what sets.
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1999 12:07:47
On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> ayeats wrote:
> > Hello all (again)
>
> hi.
>
> > I have come to my senses and gotten a bit more space (160mb internal and
> > an 80mb external)
> > Here is what I was thinking:
> >
> > - 80m external
> >    - 20m - SWAP (The machine has approx 12m ram)
> >    - 60m - Root
>
> sounds good to me.
>
> > - 160m internal
> >    -How should I break this up???

Well this surprises me.  I first was using 500 Meg of the hard drive.
I installed the xwindows and soon after my drive was full.  I must be
missing something.  Now I gave one gig to the Bsd.  I installed some
packages.  Mosaic, mozilla, pine, lynx, spice, xmcd ... and now the disk
looks like this.

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd1a      991501   749499   142851    84%    /
kernfs              1        1        0   100%    /kern
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

84% full Why is it filling up so fast?  Is the block size too
small or too big?

What am I missing that is sucking up my disk space? I've been doing the
"make clean"  and "make clean depends" commands after installing packages.

Later,

   Guy

Guy Santiglia
South Korea