Subject: Re: kernel won't compile
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 23:02:11
Guy Santiglia wrote:
> I'm finally trying to build a custom kernel.  I went through the
> procedure on NetBSD documentaion site.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html
>
> I followed the steps with no problems up to the part
> where I type "make" to compile the kernel.
>
> After quite a while, I got this message on the screen:
>
> ../../../../arch/mac68k/macrom.c:In funtion `mrg_fixupROMBase';
>                        /macrom.c1212: warning: pointer of type -
> 			`void*' used in arithmetec.
>
> There were also similar messages with the only differnce being
> the macrom number.  ie  macrom:1224
> 			macrom:1263
>
> Does any one have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Are you using last weekends's source tarball?  We added an additional
warning sometime 2 weeks ago.  I believe this was fixed by Scott last
Sunday.  You can get the latest version of the file off of the server, or
you can get tonight's tarball (I believe the source tarballs are updated
every Saturday).

> Also, I'm running 1.3.2, can I use the latest released kernel
> source or should I take it from a 1.3.2 directory?

I'd suggest using the 1.3.2 kernel source if you're going to be running a
1.3.2 system.  If you want to compile a -current kernel, you'll need a
-current config, and maybe a -current set of makefiles as well.

Later.

Colin