Subject: Re: More Ici, How big partitions and what sets.
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 21:11:50
On Jan 17, 12:07pm, Guy Santiglia wrote:
>missing something.  Now I gave one gig to the Bsd.  I installed some
>packages.  Mosaic, mozilla, pine, lynx, spice, xmcd ... and now the disk

>/dev/sd1a      991501   749499   142851    84%    /

>What am I missing that is sucking up my disk space? I've been doing the
>"make clean"  and "make clean depends" commands after installing packages.

On my system:

# df
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd0a      894437   727600    77393    90%    /

# du -sk /usr/src /usr/pkg /usr/local /usr/X11R6
235852  /usr/src
176208  /usr/pkg
13208   /usr/local
193140  /usr/X11R6

That leaves the rest of the stuff (OS, basically) on root&usr at about
113 MB.  I have pkgsrc, xsrc and obj on a different disk...

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

New members are urgently needed in the Society for Prevention of
Cruelty to Yourself.  Apply within.