Subject: TCP/IP/DNS over LocalTalk
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Barthmann <chuck_barthmann@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 20:22:01
Hello All!

I've been reading bits from this list, getting ready for when I finally
load NetBSD onto an SE/30 that I have kicking around.  There's been a
lot of talk that NetBSD doesn't support LocalTalk.  The main function
for my SE/30 will be serving DNS's, and I don't have the dough to
splurge on a SCSI-Ethernet converter.

My Question: Will NetBSD be able to send TCP/IP information over
LocalTalk through the printer port?

Unrelated Question: If I were to hook up a dumb terminal using a DIN-8
to DB25/36 (don't know what size), tell NetBSD to talk to the modem
port, would I just have to have NetBSD running, and turn on the dumb
terminal?

Thanx in advance to all!

Chuck