Subject: More Ici, How big partitions and what sets.
To: Net BSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 20:35:18
Hello all (again)

I have come to my senses and gotten a bit more space (160mb internal and
an 80mb external)
Here is what I was thinking:

- 80m external
   - 20m - SWAP (The machine has approx 12m ram)
   - 60m - Root

- 160m internal
   -How should I break this up???

I would be interested in comments, I plan on using the machine for IP
masquerading or proxying/firewalling It will also be used as a
web/ftp/telnet server and many other things (having a dedicated modem
line for terminal use, telnetting from library to work on research papers
and take notes, etc.)

Should I worry about a separate var partition? If so, how big should it
be.

Is 60m enough root space?

Also, What sets should I install where?

Here is a list of the sets I have, I put where I think I should install
them... Or should they all be in the root partition?

base.tgz       - I think root
CKSUM          - Root, I just need to look at them in vi. I don't even
need to install them,
                 I could just print them out now...
comp.tgz       - Root? I don't know, But I do want to be able to compile
c.
etc.tgz        - I'm almost sure Root
games.tgz      - I'm almost sure USR
kern.tgz       - I'm posative root
man.tgz        - I think root
misc.tgz       - I have no idea
text.tgz       - I'm pretty sure usr

Thank you all for your time!

-Andrew

Freedom Is Slavery   -   War Is Peace   -   Ignorance Is Strength
         -1984, George Orwell
--

Go to http://www.acalltoaction.org
and sign the petition to end this crazyness in the congress!

If it does not work ther (it may not be up yet)

go to:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ayeats/acta/