Subject: Re: Installing mac68k BSD on IIci
To: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 15:55:54
On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, ayeats wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am looking to install mac68kBSD on a mac IIci. I used an external
> harddrive and reformatted the internal (internal has scsi id 4) I
> partitioned it (it is about 100mb harddrive) into a 16 mb SWAP partition,
> a 20MB root and a 66mb usr partition. Then I went in and used Mkfs_1.45
> to turn the  swap into a swap partition, the root into a root partition
> and the usr into a usr partition. It all seemed to go well until I tried
> to use the installer.

  I don't know about the error you encountered, but those partition sizes
sound way too small.
  That will fill up very quickly if you want to
install some programs from the package source system.  If your external
is good size,  I'd make that part MacOS and part NetBSD partitions and may
be use the 100 meg internal as back up for important stuff.

> Anyway, I would love to get this new BSDBox up and running this
> weekend... It's way too late... I'm going to sleep......
>

> Thank you for your time,

Good luck.

Guy

e-