Subject: Installing mac68k BSD on IIci
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: ayeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1999 00:47:38
Hello all,
I am looking to install mac68kBSD on a mac IIci. I used an external
harddrive and reformatted the internal (internal has scsi id 4) I
partitioned it (it is about 100mb harddrive) into a 16 mb SWAP partition,
a 20MB root and a 66mb usr partition. Then I went in and used Mkfs_1.45
to turn the  swap into a swap partition, the root into a root partition
and the usr into a usr partition. It all seemed to go well until I tried
to use the installer.

When I tried,it loaded up (the window was HUGE and half the text was off
the screen!) It loaded for a while and finally said that there had been
an error type 22, it couldn't mount the root partition an unknown error
had occurred. If i tried to type anything it would beep and when I
pressed return, it quit and the finder told me it had quit because of a
type 1 error. This of course means a Bus Error... Oh.. That's real
helpful.

If anyone has had any experience with this, I would love some help as I
have had many years of experience with the macOS but really want to get
into UN*X type OS's I have minimal experience with any UN*X machines but
really want to learn. Also, do those partition sizes sound right? Might
they even be the cause of the problem? Thanks!

Anyway, I would love to get this new BSDBox up and running this
weekend... It's way too late... I'm going to sleep......

Thank you for your time,

-Andrew

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know.
      -Socrates