Subject: network dying after a while
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1999 10:37:43
I have experienced a problem recently where I will not be able to ping
into or out of my NetBSd box (1.3.2 Q700 20Mb). However, oddly enough, my
syslog messages from this box do get to my logging machine.

I ended up having to reboot the machine. Does anyone have any ideas? I
wonder if it's not a hardware (cable/transceiver) problem. I jiggled the
cables and unplugged and replugged the transceiver. I tried a different
cable too. Is it possible that the transceiver could get into a confused
state requiring a reboot? Wouldn't diconnecting and reconnecting the
transceiver reset it? I am just hoping that its not the system and is the
transceiver or cable.. Though probably not the cable since I tried a
different one... I also tried different ports on the hub.

Thanks for any input...

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO