Subject: Re: grey is yellow???
To: None <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1999 23:48:52
On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:14:25 +0900 (KST), Guy Santiglia wrote:

> Is there a file controls color offset and where would it be?

Why not reinstall everything?  That would reset whatever bogus changes
you made.

But you know what I think?  I think you are running my X OSFA server
in 8-bit *color* mode without video ROM driver support.  Video ROM
support is available only for NuBus/PDS video cards and only with Paul
Goyette's SLOTMAN kernels or with Taras Ivanenko/Colin Wood's video
LKM loaded.

If you are running X on the internal video, you can run X OSFA server
in color mode only in 16-bit mode (i.e. thousands-of-color mode).  If
your internal video doesn't do 16-bit mode, you can run the server
only in 8-bit *gray* mode.

If you run X OSFA server on the internal video in 8-bit *color* mode,
the screen will look like the computer is on narcotic drugs or
something.  I think that's your problem.  Read through the README file.

Ken