Subject: Re: some observations on the peripheral market
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Dockery <danarchy@endeneu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1999 23:46:30
>> 	Frankly, I'm getting really sick of backward compatibility.  I
>> don't *want* floppies around anymore.  If you want portable media, get a
>> zip drive or something on the machine.  There's a USB version of the zip
>> drive available.  Things are bigger now, floppies don't make a lot of
>> sense.  If floppies *are* that important, someone will make a USB floppy
>> drive.

I would suggest as a best-case scenario getting a Superdisk drive.  It
will read both 1.44 meg. floppies and its own 120 meg. media.  The USB
version even looks cute like the iMac.

-Dan

"Come give anyone of us, for instance, a little more independence, untie our hands, widen the spheres of our activity, relax the controls and we -- yes, I assure you -- we would immediately beg to be under control again."
  -Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground"